Monday, October 11, 2010

Photoshoot

This year we were lucky enough to have models from Finesse supplied to us for free for our photo shoots. Our lecturers also organised us to have TAFE photography and hair and beauty students work on our photo shoots for us for free. It's made a huge difference and made life a little less stressful knowing that we don't have to pay for this on top of everything else.

My wonderful photographer, Ben McLaren was inspired by the 1920s film Metropolis for the style of the photo shoot. Angles, shadows and perspective are emphasised is the expressionist film, which reflects my range really well.
My model, Lucy H, was gorgeous and so lovely to talk to. The outfit I used (the first outfit I made - bodysuit with hip and shoulder armour) fitted her perfectly and looked amazing on. Better than I could have ever imagined.

The hair and makeup students did a fantastic job, luckily I knew what I wanted done because they only had an hour. The look I wanted was sleek and strong and I think they portrayed that very well. I was a little concerned when two different girls were doing the eyes...it wasn't the most even eyeshadow I've seen, but you can't tell that in the final image because it's more of a profile of Lucy's face.

I am so super excited about the final image!! Ben has done an amazing job, I couldn't be happier. The photo looks like something out of a fashion magazine. This is the first time I've ever had anything professionally shot, so I'm really excited. It's such a great feeling of accomplishment to see my work like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment