Monday, October 11, 2010

Outfit 4

When I finalised my designs, I'd have to say that this outfit was my least favourite. Now that it's almost finished though, I love it. It's a dress with lots more sticky-outy panelling and a big neckpiece. It's taken me ages to do though becasue I couldn't find any non trashtastic gold leather. The bonus with leather is that it has the right stiffness so it doesn't have to be fused, and it doesn't fray so the edges don't have to be finished or bagged out. Double bonus. My luck has run out though and I spent my weekend fusing a billion (well probably not quite) panels and bagging them out and attaching them to the skirt. This outfit has intersecting seams and they match perfectly, if I don't mind saying so myself! The zip on this dress was tricky to insert becasue of the bulk where all the seams meet, but I finally got it to work. All I have to do is bag out the hem lining and finish off the neckline, almost done!

Dress and Neckpiece Toile

No comments:

Post a Comment