Monday, October 11, 2010

Outfit 2

Sometimes it would be nice if things just worked! I made a bodysuit for my second outfit, using the exact same pattern as the first, finished it, put it on a model and BAM! Massive double bum. Even on a teeny tiny model. I decided it was easier to start again and it worked fine the second time, it's all to do with the stretching of the elastic around the legs.

This outfit has big sheer organza sleeves, with a sheer organza hoop skirt over the bodysuit. It took a fair bit of toiling to get the sleeves and and skirt to sit right, I've had to sew on satin channels to feed boning through to hold the structure. The only problem is that the circumference of the skirt is so large that is keeps on curling under itself. I'm going to take it home and see if dad has some wire that i can use to hold the shape.

Sheer Skirt Toile

No comments:

Post a Comment