Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fabrics

I've decided not to go with the whole digital printing idea. My designs are so strong that adding another element like that would take away from the designs. What I have decided is to use leather. Initially I thought it would be way too expensive, but after going to Kinch leather, I've realised that it's very reasonably priced. I have bought a few sides of leather, all black, a couple plain and the others have scales pressed onto them, which ties in my Armadillo/Pengolin inspiration. My car now smells like it has a leather interior after carting them around!

I have got organised and bought the rest of my fabrics too, one printed, the rest plain. My colour scheme will be black and gold, simple but dramatic and edgy.


Another thing that I have to keep an eye out for are shoes for the models to wear in the end of year parade. I don't have to get any but it would be great if they were all wearing the same shoes. The only thing is that I am quite fussy and they have to be completely outrageous. I know the exact pairs I want. But they're over $2000. Each. Can't really justify that and I haven't found anything in Adelaide that I like, so fingers crossed I might find some when I go to Hong Kong in the holidays.

Oh, by the way, we've worked out timelines for the collection and we have two weeks to patternmake, sample and produce each outfit. Two weeks. Freaking out a little bit - I know it's achievable, I just can't get behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment