Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hong Kong

I'm back from Hong Kong, didn't get any shoes though. It was an amazing experience to be able to tour factories and see the working conditions where our clothes get made.

We went to Sham Shui Po, an area with streets and streets of shops and stalls selling fabrics and trims. It was a bit overwhelming and easy to get lost. There was a set up on one street where lots of stalls were housed inside a dodgy looking tent thingy made of tarpolins and basically whatever else they could find. There were so many fabrics inside and we had to squeeze down the aisles and sort through piles of fabric to find what we wanted. We didn't stay for long though because it was so hot and there was no air circulation so we were ready to pass out - not sure how the workers cope.


I didn't get any more fabrics for my collection either. Not that I needed to, but I looked to see if I could find anything better. I'm still happy with the ones I got here in Adelaide.

No comments:

Post a Comment