Sunday, June 27, 2010

Inspiration

After two and a half years of study it's finally time to design and create our own collections! Although now that it's time to start designing and making decisions, I've realised that I don't really know exactly what I want to do. Sure, I've collected hundreds of images and pasted them all into an inspiration folder, but as I flick through the pages of things i love, there is no common theme.

There is one advertisement I tore from a Vogue magazine a few years ago that I fell in love with, and still adore. I love the combination of art and fashion and the intricacy of the design.

There are too many other designer collections to name that I love, but some recent ones are the Victor and Rolf Spring 2010 RTW collection for the structure and use of fabric that amazes me, and the Mary Katrantzuo Fall 2009 RTW and Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 RTW collections for the digital printing. I don't think the trend of digital printing is being used to its potential in Australia so I think it would be great if I could incorporate my love of prints into my collection.




What I do know is that I want my collection to have lots of structure and for people to see it and be shocked and question how I have created such amazing peices.

No comments:

Post a Comment