Sunday, June 27, 2010

Designs

It's taken me a couple of weeks but I have now finalised my six outfits. I don't want to post the fashion illustrations though because it would ruin the surprise at the end of year fashion parade. What I can tell you though is that my collection has a futuristic/intergalactic concept.

I have found inspiration from science through images of satellites and electric solar panels. I was also inspired by images of Armadillos and Pengolins, animals that have ubique armour-like scales.



I have stuck to my original plan for my collection to be very structured and there will be lots of panelling detail. The pieces are big, bold and outrageous and only a very outgoing, fashion forward person would wear them. When I was designing I continually asked myself 'is it wearable?' and if it was, I'd scrap it. I want my collection to be different, not something that can be seen on the racks in shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment